Welcome to the website and blog of the Presbyterian Women in the Synod of Southern California and Hawaii! If you are not already signed up to receive our blog posts, please input your email address in the Follow Blog via Email dialog box, accept the invitation you will get in your email, and voila, you will receive our blog updates. We invite you to browse the About page, Blog posts, and Explore to learn more about us, who we are, and what we are doing. Follow the Social Links to visit the resources our parent organization, Presbyterian Women, Inc. (PW) has made available on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. PW puts faith into action. As a part of PW, we work for justice and peace, build community, nurture faith and support the mission of the church. Give us your feedback via the Contact Us form and share this tool that connects the women in our church pews, presbyteries, synod and Churchwide PW, informatively and authentically. That’s why we are doing this! We really are in the business of building inclusive, caring communities!
2017 – 2018 Calendar of Events (last updated 08/11/2018)
- August 5, 2017 (Saturday, 9:30 am) – PWS Coordinating Team Meeting, Westminster Gardens, Duarte
- November 3, 2017, Church Women United World Community Day, Kindling New Fires for Peace, Various Locations.
- January 20, 2018 (Saturday, 9:30 am) – PWS Coordinating Team Meeting, Packard Hall, Westminster Gardens, Duarte
- Feb. 2 – March 4, 2018 – Spring Meeting of the Board of Directors (formerly Churchwide Coordinating Team), Louisville, KY
- March 2, 2018 – World Day of Prayer, Theme: All God’s Creation is Very Good, Country: Suriname. Various Locations and in some cases, various dates. PWS sponsored World Day of Prayer Worship and Service will be at First Presbyterian San Bernardino Chapel, 1900 N. D St. San Bernardino. Lunch will follow at
The Mexico restaurant.
- March 9, 2018 – Church Women United will be having a World Day of Prayer service on March 9 in the Chapel of the Good Shepherd at First Presbyterian Church at 21 E. Constance Ave, Santa Barbara . Meet at 10:30 for worship followed by a Bring your own lunch fellowship time. All are welcome. Contact: Judith Muller, SB Presbytery/PWSynod CT
- March 12-23, 2018 – 62nd Commission on the Status of Women, New York, NY
- April 20-23, 2018 – Ecumenical Advocacy Days – Washington D.C.
- May 4, 2018 – CWU May Friendship Day. Various locations.
- June 2, 2018 (Saturday, 9:30 am – 1:30 pm) – PWS Spring Gathering. Location: Northminster Presbyterian Church, 400 Rancheria Road, Diamond Bar, CA 91765. Focus: Educate a Child – Transform the World.
- July 14, 2018 (Saturday, 9:30 am) – PWS Coordinating Team Meeting. Location TBA
- August 2-5, 2018 – PW Churchwide Gathering, Louisville, KY – Gathering Promo Kit
- August 15, 2018 –Applications due for USAME
- October 6, 2018 (Saturday, 9:30 am) – PWS Fall Gathering – Packard Hall, Westminster Gardens, Duarte