Presbyterian Women in the Synod of Southern California and Hawaii
VISION FOR 2018-2021: Christ Be Our Light
Build an Inclusive, Caring Community
- By establishing better communications at all levels of Presbyterian Women—PWC, PWP, PWS, CW—and becoming more familiar with resources available to us (PW, PC(USA) and beyond)
- By living radical hospitality—being DOERS not just HEARERS of the Word
- By advocating for the marginalized—fight injustice with ACTION
- By being open to new ideas
- By caring for the earth; taking care of creation
- By having a “hands-on” Mission Project to be dedicated at a PWS Conference or Gathering
The Presbyterian Women in the Synod of Southern California and Hawaii are a part of Presbyterian Women, Inc. Presbyterian Women (PW). So Cal Presbyteries in the Synod are listed below, when available with a link to the PW or Presbytery. We invite you to browse, learn, and contact us with questions and comments, if any.
Our connections include: Mujeras Hispanas Presbiterianas | F.A.N. | Church Women United | World Day of Prayer (International)| Anti-racism Digital Library (local)| World Council of Churches (Thursdays in Black) | Commission on the Status of Women (United Nations – PW has full consultative status) | Fellowship of the Least Coin
Moderator: Pam Hodges (elected October 6, 2018)
Past Moderator: Susan Skoglund (2015-2018)
Presbyterian Women, Inc. (PW) is the national women’s organization of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.). With more than 300,000 members and 25 years as an organization, PW is organized at all levels of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.). Learn more about PW and consider joining or starting a local group. Subscribe to the award-winning Horizons magazine and the Bible Study.